Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Analyst for the Business Planning and Operations Analytics Team to support company-wide Vertical/Industry go-to-market (GTM) efforts. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical, analytical, communication and stakeholder management skills who can partner effectively with leaders across our Business Product Marketing organization. The Business Planning and Operations team provides business critical insights to maintain and improve day-to-day operations, definitively explain business trends, and evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives. In addition, we manage strategic company initiatives.
As an analyst, you will work closely with leadership groups across primarily Business Product Marketing as well as various other teams to better understand the performance of clients, partners, and our family of products in terms of growth drivers and other key business metrics. You will also be a subject matter expert on key product areas while providing ad-hoc analytical support for strategic initiatives. You will be responsible for building analytical solutions, detailed work plans, leading end-to-end analytical projects from planning, to design, to development, to insights and executive storytelling – all in a consistent and structured manner. You will also lead key analytical programs encompassing product GTM as well as sales and leadership goal-setting. You will also be responsible for building, leading and presenting end-to-end business performance reviews (monthly, quarterly as applicable) with stakeholders across the Global Marketing Solutions group. You will work cross-functionally with several teams at Facebook with the objective of enabling leadership to make effective, data-driven operating decisions. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, interested in advertising, intellectually curious, a self-starter, a great communicator and a quick learner. The ideal candidate can move fast while keeping focused on high-impact projects and structured thinker who also loves the details. You’re as comfortable solving conceptual problems and creating frameworks to refine a team’s thinking as you are getting into the weeds to understand the details of how things work. You can move seamlessly between conversing with data engineers, product marketers and leading presentations with regional sales leaders. You have a proven ability to build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so high collaboration is essential.
- Support the Verticals Product Marketing organization as a strategic thought partner by building and presenting regular (weekly/monthly/quarterly) detailed business rhythms/QBRs going deep into vertical business performance, product and sales goals, revenue projections, GTM inbound measures all supported by rich insights and compelling storylines that go beyond the obvious.
- Structure complex, ambiguous business questions and utilize strong analytical skill set to drive insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry, user behavior, external customer surveys) to answer key business questions pertaining to solutions to vertical fit and efficacy, overall vertical growth, vertical-specific targets and sales goals and much more, across a large cross-functional leadership stakeholder group.
- Gather, and analyze large amounts of data across a variety of business dimensions (products, countries, verticals, sub-verticals, segments and many more) in a fast paced environment and build sophisticated and complex dashboards to evaluate business detailed performance, identify trends and advise leadership on potential opportunities for investment and growth.
- Focus on process and continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement.
- Drive client assessment needs for upcoming analytics needs and help prioritize and communicate roadmaps.
- Conduct regular training on our analytics portfolio, tools and engagement model.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Business)
- 8+ years of work experience in Sales Finance, Sales Analytics, Sales Operations, and/or Strategy consulting, or 6+ years experience with MBA/Master’s degree
- Experience conducting analysis using proprietary and market data (e.g. revenue, product, market, industry, trends) to derive insights that drive strategic business decisions and ensure the smooth running of weekly, monthly and quarterly business rhythms
- Experience building detailed analytics project plans and leading launches (QBR, Dashboard)
- Experience leading major end-to-end analytic projects (planning, design, hands-on development, stakeholder management, communication and maintenance)
- Demonstrated thought leadership experience applying data driven models that have had a tangible impact on business and sales operations across international markets
- Communication, leadership stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Experience coordinating and influencing cross-functional teams
- Experience utilizing SQL, Tableau, and Excel to build analytical tools to scale insights, data pipelines to automate reporting and dashboards to support business needs
- Experience in training peers on analytics tools
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]