Illumina is seeking a Business System Analyst responsible for the design, build, implementation, and support of Illumina’s QMS Solutions and Platform. The role will be responsible for working with EtQ Solution (including the EtQ Modules and related systems) and its integration with other enterprise systems. Responsibilities include analyzing business need, gathering business requirements, leading solution design teams, implementing solution(s), and recommending best practice methods.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This role functions as a strategic partner and is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, planning, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing processes within various company business systems.
All About You
- Researches and provide best practice recommendations with a focus on end-to-end capabilities and impact to KPIs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing enhancements. Understands when to recommend changes to a business process / policy, acquire software, configure, or customize.
- Conduct enterprise analysis including root cause analysis, development of solution proposals, and creation of business cases. Includes Troubleshooting Incidents.
- Partners with business to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements specification, workflow, and cross-functional dependencies.
- Ensures a focus on worker’s information needs driving high level of usability and data quality.
- Participate or lead process modeling and design with a focus on standardizing global processes including contributions to policy changes.
- Facilitates confirmation of requirements and designs with business and technical staff.
- Lead meetings with business and technical team to collect pain points including non-functional requirements using a structured framework.
- Prepares visuals to communicate and gain buy-in on pain points, recommendations and the solutions roadmap.
- Accountable for knowing processes and functionality around Quality and Regulatory end-to-end processes and systems in order to guide business process changes, configuration, and development.
- Maintains active communication with business users and stakeholders to manage expectations regarding changes to the system and the introduction of new and enhanced functionality.
- Accountable to ensure the solution meets the agreed upon business requirements while creatively leveraging standard capabilities where possible.
- Conduct data and process analysis using a variety of query and visualization tools. Familiarity with Tableau, Denodo, and Snowflake is a plus.
- Applies information systems development, implementation and operation control concepts in a wide variety of technology settings and appropriately assesses the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Stay abreast of technology developments related to domain expertise.
- Manages multiple priorities and successfully completes multiple projects with minimal supervision from the manager.
- Develop and deliver train-the-trainer content as required.
- Manage EtQ Validations and Validated State as well as ensure EtQ’s systems are updated to with the EtQ upgrades.
- Ensures Documentation and Data are managed within the QMS Solutions.
All listed responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Experience (3+ years) at an enterprise-level with strong domain expertise in Quality (QMS) and Regulatory Systems and Processes.
- Strategic thinker who skillfully applies a critical and analytical approach.
- Must have experience with enterprise analysis including development of solution proposals and creation of business cases.
- Experience with business process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical, planning, organizational, and problem solving abilities.
- A motivational person who can guide and influence project stakeholders and build consensus
- Expertise in requirements gathering, writing software requirements, process modeling, and data mapping.
- Strong ability to present ideas and information in group settings. Has the ability to persuade, negotiate, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience successfully defining and documenting projects that drive positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in testing and test planning.
- Experience with requirement management & testing in FDA regulated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that non-technical end users can understand.
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum Methodology.
- BS/BA in Business Administration or related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Other jobs you may like
Tesla aims to accelerate world’s transition to a sustainable energy by ensuring we provide a seamless and frictionless experience to our external and internal customers. To meet this goal, Tesla is constantly striving to innovate and provide best in class services through introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Tesla is seeking a hardworking and passionate Business Systems Analyst. This individual will be part of a startup team that is focused on delivering a highly scalable internal platform that enables the support/ growth of current and future products at Tesla.
- Partner with business partners to flush through use-cases to finalize story writing
- Analyze workflows to find opportunities to streamline business processes and find critical functionality gaps
- Work with engineering, UX, and business stakeholders including finance to deliver business specific value
- Work with engineering team through agile ceremonies to ship on time
- Prioritize between existing versus new customers, and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- 3+ years supporting software implementation efforts
- Passionate about working with other businesses and partners to solve their specific challenges while putting customer trust and experience first
- Proven history of converting learnings from customer insights into tangible product features that customers love
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use data and metrics for making assumptions and decisions
- Ability to successfully work with cross range of teams including engineering, UX, legal, finance, sales and operations
- Good understanding and working experience in technology development best practices (such as, Agile, etc.) and product management methods