Prepare detail drawings of multi-component parts, electro mechanical assemblies and piping systems from layouts, illustrative references or clear specifications.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
- Prepare neat, accurate and complete detail drawings or diagrams with correct dimensioning and placement of views to portray parts clearly using standard CADD procedures to maximize CADD system effectiveness.
- Prepare partial layouts to complete or extend existing designs, layouts or drawings using data from standard sources or referenced drawings. Make graphic checks to verify detail dimensions, correct projections and accuracy of drawings.
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of formulas, tables from handbooks and mathematical calculations/solutions to drafting related problems. Make calculations involving items such as, but not limited to, weight, areas, volumes tolerances fits and clearances using CADD programs to minimize effort.
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of the drafting systems in use and a general knowledge of shop equipment capability at the Sunnyvale Division.
- Prepare accurate changes to drawings or diagrams and associated Bills of Material and record changes accurately as required.
- Check own work for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform work of equal or lower code level as required.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Provides guidance to CADD Operators as assigned by supervision.
Receives assignments and general instruction from Supervisor, but may receive assistance from higher classified drafters in clarifying and supplementing existing references and specifications. Normally, employee is expected to exercise judgment in the selection and application of established CADD drafting techniques. All work is subject to specific review and approval.
This is Union represented position.
High school mechanical drawing and the completion of courses in algebra, plane geometry, physics and trigonometry, plus one year of related technical training in the principle of mechanical design and mechanical drafting or its equivalent in experience. Must have successfully completed a basic Northrop Grumman or vendor course in the use of CADD equipment.
Must have one year experience as a manual drafter or equivalent including at least 1000 hours of logged in related CADD terminal time. Must have a general knowledge of machining for fabricating practices and be knowledgeable of Northrop Grumman drafting and CADD standards.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.