The Career Services office at SUNY Cortland is dedicated to providing high quality career counseling assistance to students, alumni, and community members with an emphasis on the development of lifetime skills that lead to successful career and educational choices.
Our office does the following:
- Career counseling and coaching.
- Drop-in hours for resume and cover letter critiques.
- Career events including job fairs.
- Graduate school preparation.
- Internship search guidance and credit.
- LinkedIn and digital dirt checks
This internship is a full year commitment. The first semester is a 2-credit internship while training and learning is taking place. Based on first semester performance, the second semester will involve hourly pay. Right now, our office is entirely virtually.
- Meet one-on-one with students for resume, cover letter, and personal statement critiques during drop-in hours (currently virtual).
- Conduct presentations to promote Career Services to campus community, including COR 101 classes (currently virtual).
- Gain proficiency on interviewing techniques, basic job search strategies, and demonstrating an online presence.
- Develop an understanding of Cortland majors and the career opportunities associated with those majors.
- Take part in Career Services events, workshops and activities.
- Complete projects that promote career development for Cortland students.
- Represent Career Services in a positive and professional manner, both in the office and across campus.
- Build relationships with Career Services staff members and other Career Peer Mentors in order to be an active intern.
- Arrive for all scheduled shifts on time.
- Willingness work individually with students and take initiative.
- Dedication, responsibility, and creativity!
Candidates must have at least 5 hours of availability during drop-in hours:
Monday-Thursday, 1-3 p.m. and Tuesdays 4- 6:30 p.m. Currently our drop-in hours are virtual. We know class planning is still happening, so please anticipate.
Must be available for the full academic year.
The first semester is a 2-credit internship while training and learning is taking place. Based on first semester performance, the second semester will involve hourly pay.
Van Hoesen Hall, B-5 is where our office is located. However, the internship may be virtual depending on what is happening on campus.
- Must have at least 5 hours of availability during drop-in hours:
- Must have access to a computer, internet, and a webcam.
- Must be available for the full academic year.
- GPA of 2.5 and above.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to upper class students, but freshmen and sophomores encouraged to apply!
Monday-Thursday, 1-3 p.m. and Tuesdays 4- 6:30 p.m. We know class planning is still happening, so please anticipate.
Meredith Chase, [email protected]