- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, IT, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and procurement operations experience in indirect categories, including professional services, support and maintenance spend categories
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle, MS tool suite and ability to learn proprietary systems
- 2+ years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you’d like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a Category Manager with procurement experience to strategically source products and services for North America Customer Fulfillment Procurement. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon and will interact with our most important suppliers to satisfy organizational requirements. The position will work and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings and improve productivity across the category. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, and a creative, critical thinker with an intense motivation to learn. You must be an effective communicator and be able to work independently and as a leader of peers to generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment. You must have a professional demeanor and be able to partner with people at every level.
- Establish category sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position
- Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with performance benchmarks in use
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
- Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon
- Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities
- Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the category
- Negotiation and implementation of supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Helping to develop long-term department strategies and significantly influencing the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
- Keys to success in this role include sound judgement and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate appropriately.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Earn the trust of key stakeholders to drive alignment with the business
- Create a category strategy in conjunction with internal customers to ensure there is a comprehensive, unified approach for the category.
- Achieve yearly cost saving or value targets appropriate to the category aligned with annual budget processes.
- Define and report on key metrics that measure effectiveness of supply and cost savings
- Champion standards and process improvements
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: · ** Candidate must be able to travel, up to 20% **
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Product Management/Retail Vendor Management experience
- Advanced analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.