- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations or related field, OR 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 3+ years of experience in a sourcing or supply chain management or equivalent role
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle, MS tool suite and ability to learn proprietary systems
- 2+ years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Negotiation and supplier relationship experience required
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a leader with procurement experience to strategically source spares and warranties for our fulfillment centers. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon and will interact with key suppliers to satisfy organizational requirements. The position will partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings, and improve productivity across the category. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, and a creative, critical thinker with an intense motivation to learn. You must be an effective communicator and be able to work independently and as a leader of peers to generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and often ambiguous environment. You must have a professional demeanor and be able to partner with people at every level.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Establish category sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position in the Spares and Warranties Category
- Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities for improved delivery, cost, and service
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
- Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon
- Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities
- Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the category
- Create and automate Procurement standard reporting to establish visibility of spend patterns in all areas to support highest level Procurement negotiations and connect Procurement reporting to other business groups
· Build the category metrics model based on input from the category team to track and monitor performance to the category strategy · To measure actual vs planned savings and advise team of trends, escalate issues and own action plans
- Master’s degree preferred in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations, or related.
- Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
- Prior experience with facilities category management, strategy development, and global sourcing