- 12 years of experience in Procurement Lifecycle, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Sourcing, Supplier Management or Purchasing.
- Experience in maximizing return for operations teams through application of advanced modeling and negotiation methods.
- Experience as an executive representing either outsourcers or service providers.
- Experience with supplier management, SOW, contracting, pricing and operating models.
- JD or MBA degree.
- Certifications in Six Sigma, LEAN and Project Management Institute.
- Ability to consult, influence, and manage clients.
- Ability to build relationships and drive efforts and projects through relationships and a broad knowledge base.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, stakeholder management and verbal/written communication skills.
About the job
In the Google Procurement Organization (GPO), our goal is to enable Google’s mission and growth through business insights, commercial excellence, and leveraging the best of Google’s talent and technology. To be successful in this team, you will embrace ambiguity and collaborate across teams. You will develop new procurement approaches and solve complex business problems. As a Category Manager, you will act as the focal point and catalyst in driving cross-product area and cross category initiatives. You will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, implementing and measuring programs with enterprise wide impact. You will always keep stakeholders at the top of your mind in all the work that you do. You will provide thought leadership across a variety of topics related to supplier management, deliver operational and savings insights through an industry focused view, and develop initiatives, plans, and metrics to operationalize the strategy.
- Provide guidance to different business groups and functions on outsourcing/professional services. Partner with cross functional teams to ensure flawless execution of outsourcing/professional services engagements.
- Formulate and influence business groups on different procurement levers such as supplier strategies, strategic sourcing, global location, and spend leverage.
- Drive enterprise wide programs that impact multiple product areas, multiple categories and multiple suppliers from concept to execution, and measurement post execution.
- Acquire best practices internally and externally, and be able to provide such best practices to different stakeholders to drive efficiency.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.