JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals brings and embracing an inclusive environment.
The Operational Risk Manager will be part of the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Operational Risk Management Team, an independent \”second line of defense” function, that is charged with proactively identifying potential operational risks and ensuring adequate controls are in place to guard against financial loss. The Operational Risk Management Team is also responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the control environment through ongoing independent challenge and targeted reviews as well as other Compliance, Conduct & Operational Risk framework (CCOR) credible challenge activities.
The role will support the CIB Wholesale Payments business which includes Treasury Service, Trade and Merchant Services. Specifically, this role will provide Operational Risk Management support for Merchant Services Technology and WePay. WePay is a Fintech acquired by Chase to make payments simpler for small businesses by making it possible to integrate payments into their existing, unique software.
Must execute the following objectives:
- Manage CCOR objectives and requirements, as defined by Corporate Operational Risk
- Foster lead relationships with Corporate Operational Risk, Risk Management, and Oversight & Control teams, as well as business owners
- Act as a strategic advisor for all functional levels and consult with senior leadership; work with Oversight & Control partners on the assessment of operational risk, including fraud, legal, compliance, technology and financial risks
- Monitor inherent risk profiles in the business and the control environments, and provide guidance on risk mitigation and process improvement activities
- Provide oversight of Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) activities and verify conformance to RCSA standards mandated by the ORMF
- Identify unmitigated or partially mitigated business risks, which can result in material financial, operational, regulatory, or reputational risks for the firm
- Assess the risk associated with new business initiatives and change management activities
- Ensure a broad, data-driven monitoring program for key risk drivers, exposures, controls, or potential operational risk events across processes
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Risk Management, Audit, Compliance, Oversight & Control, Technology Control, Project Management, or other related discipline required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Organizational Management, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience required
- Extensive operational experience or knowledge in Financial Services industry required
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills to be used in operational evaluation and interpretation of compliance information
- Able to follow complex methods, processes and procedures in diverse routine and non-routine tasks
- Able to handle highly confidential information and material in a professional manner
- Strong priority management and multi-tasking skills required
- Able to operate in a matrixed environment; must be able to directly influence change, negotiate, and appropriately escalate
- Strong communication, presentation, project management and leadership skills required
- Highest level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment to effectively meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.