Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Location/Division Specific Information
As one of the largest biotechnology companies in Germany, we research, develop and produce innovative biomarker diagnostics and distribute our products in more than 65 countries. B•R•A•H•M•S is based in Hennigsdorf near Berlin, which is home to about 285 of the company’s 550 employees worldwide.
How will you make an impact?
The Staff Scientist (m/f/d), will assist Division, Business Unit and R&D leadership in identifying, assessing and implementing clinical diagnostic innovation opportunities, across its portfolio of Immunoassay, Mass Spectrometry, Clinical Chemistry, Quality Controls and Laboratory Automation solutions. He/She will connect internally with Business Development, Marketing, R&D and other functions as well as externally to create novel clinical diagnostic solutions and value through science and technology.
What will you do?
- Support Clinical Diagnostics Leadership and R&D Council teams in assessing external in vitro diagnostics technology and assay innovation opportunities.
- Assist the Head of R&D, Clinical Diagnostics Division in steering a robust technical and scientific agenda and in formulating recommendations to drive growth through innovation.
- Collaborate with Business Development, Marketing, Life Cycle Leaders and R&D and assist technically and scientifically in the identification, assessment and implementation of external partnership, licensing or acquisition opportunities.
- Champion internal and external collaborative innovation initiatives. Connect with leading academic and medical institutions.
- Lead science and technology projects to successful completion.
How will you get here?
- PhD, MD or equivalent experience
- More than 5 years of professional experience in the invitro diagnostics industry or clinical laboratory medicine
- Proven ability to champion science and technology innovation in Health Care
- Prior experience in IVD product development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Robust scientific and technical background. Able to assess complex solutions for their added clinical and business value and benefits and risk profiles.
- Able to communicate with Executive Management and inspire, influence and connect with stakeholders across the organization.
- Strategic and analytical thinker.
- Self-motivated, autonomous and with the initiative needed to explore novel ideas and solutions.
- Results-oriented and thorough. Able to lead, coordinate, collaborate and drive projects to successful completion.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.