Job Summary: To provide high quality service through the coordination of patient product and diagnosis education.
- Receives incoming calls from multiple customers, such as physicians, patients and field educator, must be able to process requests providing resolution or triage to appropriate areas for resolution
- Ability to work a referral through the life cycle to completion
- Follow up with patients to ensure appropriate training received and customer satisfaction
- Display patient advocacy and compassion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team
- Maintain scheduling system for nursing services and field educators
- Ability to complete multiple activities while utilizing excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral communication
- Documents adverse events and product complaints into database
- Maintains all patient confidentiality
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Works with internal departments at all levels to ensure smooth customer service operations and satisfactory resolution of customer requests. The CE Coordinator will receive inbound call from patients, physician offices and home health nurses/agencies.
- One to Three years of experience working for a healthcare insurance company, drug reimbursement call center, a physician or lab billing office, a home health care company
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, HCPCS, CPT and ICD-9 coding preferred
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong computer skills required; preferably Microsoft Word or Excel software applications
- Data entry skills required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals
- Ability to resolve problems independently
- Ability to speak effectively before groups/customers or employees of an organization
- Ability to follow instructions
- Adaptable to changing priorities as needed
- May sit (7) to ten (10) hours per day
- May be necessary to work extended hours as needed
- Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required
- May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion
- Visual acuity to see and read fine prints
- Must be able to hear normal voice sounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role
- Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
- These job responsibilities are executed as part of a customer service call center.
- The position will be located in a fast-paced organization with the potential for a variety of unplanned activities to occur simultaneously
Career Level – IC-Business Support-B1
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.