Looking for a technician with hands-on chemistry lab experiences. This candidate will be a key member of a materials development and evaluation team, focused on developing innovative cell products to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Mainly focused on electrode and coin cell fabrication
- Cell testing and assembly of a variety of lithium ion cell prototypes, including coin cell and pouch cell
- General characterization of powder materials: sample preparation for SEM, ICP, Tap density etc.
- Document data with the use of travelers and process documents
- Assist in the optimization of process parameters to improve yield and consistency
- Support and troubleshooting of equipment
- Powder (ceramic materials) processing including: mixing, sieving, milling
- Wet chemistry processes: solution preparation, reaction set-up, filtration, waste handling
- Hands-on experience working in chemistry labs
- Experiences in maintenance and calibration of process equipment
- Willingness to learn quickly and work efficiently to meet target goals
- Meticulous attitude in data tracking, observation and note taking, as well as communicating with the engineers
- Willingness to collaborate and take on challenges in unfamiliar areas
- Experience with chemical handling and powder processing is a plus
- Familiarity with the quality control methods to evaluate the repeatability of processes is a plus
- Programing experiences in Matlab, Pythone, MySQL etc. would be a strong plus.