State Certified Residential Appraiser will perform residential appraisals for single-family properties, to include condominiums, cooperatives, and multi-family units (1-4 units).
- Competently perform appraisals and conduct level of inspection as required by the specific assignment for local and remote geographic regions.
- Develops supported value opinions on all appraisal assignments.
- Analyzes and evaluates market trends and provides meaningful conclusions.
- Solves complex appraisal problems using recognized appraisal methodology.
- Performs collateral review on 1-4 unit property appraisal reports completed by third party originators.
- Analyze appraisal documents to ensure quality, reasonableness, accuracy and completion in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), Regulatory and Chase guidelines.
- Resolves deficiencies or discrepancies within valuation products while maintaining appraisal independence.
- Understands and leverage data from collateral risk tools, in performance of the appraisal underwrite.
- Effectively communicates appraisal underwriting decision with internal partners as appropriate.
- Manage performance of Direct Engagement Appraiser team
- Lead as Subject Matter Experts ensuring compliance with Chase Policy and procedure.
- Provide proactive coaching and support team development.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency by monitoring work queues and capacity as volumes dictate.
- Manage team performance related to service delivery, quality expectations and productivity benchmarks.
- Appraiser must hold an active state certified appraisal license in good standing and maintain certification requirements.
- Understands and adheres to Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), JP Morgan Chase appraisal standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional demeanor and appearance to meets JPMC Code of Conduct expectations. Collaborates effectively with internal customers to ensure seamless customer service. Submits proactive status updates at the order level and responds to all calls/emails/texts in a prompt and professional manner.
- Represent Chase with the highest level of ethics, integrity, and maintain strict confidentiality and discretion.
- Maintain reliable means of transportation.
- Maintains knowledge of technology to enhance efficiency both in the field and in the work environment.
- Meet all departmental goals for productivity, quality, and turnaround time.
Knowledge and Experience
- Required: Licensed or Certified Residential Appraiser
- Required: 3+ years of appraisal experience as a licensed/certified appraiser
- Required: Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Required: Ability to act independently and consistently make appropriate decisions with minimal guidance and oversight
- Required: Strong understanding of appraisal practices and methodology including the 3 Chase
- Required: Knowledge of construction standards and building cost estimating tools
- Required: Ability to complete real estate appraisals that are compliant with Federal and State laws, as well as being done in accordance with Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Required: Experience appraising new construction, complex, unique, multi-family
- Required: Competency in Microsoft Office products and appraisal software
- Required: Excellent time management skills in order to multi-task and meet production expectations and deadlines
- Required: Valid Driver’s License
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree
- Preferred: FHA Approved Appraiser, USDA experience
- Requires background check, review of Chase Ineligible List, review of any prior disciplinary actions, verification of active license within state, no current or pending litigation or investigations.
- Demonstrate geographic competencyChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.