- Operate HPLC analyzer including but limited to: (preparing samples, uploading samples, reading result, sending daily report, and weekly trending report.)
- Set up and maintain all relevant lab equipment.
- Operate most lab equipment including mixers, scales, sealers, chemical titration equipment, etc.
- Review and update SOPs, tracking logs, and material/reagent specifications.
- Contact outside service providers to send laboratory instruments/equipment off-site. for re-certification, repair and to assist with troubleshooting issues when applicable.
- Anticipate the needs of current and planned tasks and keep test chemicals/ tool for formulating stocked or on order.
- Executing the analytical operations successfully in restrictive, procedural, investigative, progress as well as choice authority areas.
- Finding out and testing various food keeping procedures and food complementariness.
- Enhancing, creating and developing the active food products and food items.
- Executing some procedures and methods that are required to perform the operations.
- Implementing certain food standards for the government and ensuring that the industry workers are complying with the rules, regulations and policies of the organization.
- Enhancing the different methods and procedures necessary to carry out the operations.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMPs, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Narrowing down and concentrating on methods in order to execute the job responsibilities successfully.
- Administrating and overseeing quality repair operations.
- Executing other operations that fall under his/her jurisdiction.
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Chemistry, Biochemistry or relevant science discipline. Bachelors or Master’s degree preferred.
The Michael Foods family of businesses has grown to become amulti-billion manufacturer of foodservice, food ingredient and retail offerings by introducing innovative products that have changed the food landscape. From helping restaurant owners enhance the quality of their menus, to supporting food manufacturers with premium ingredients, to satisfying countless consumers with our popular lines, we’re a proven, innovative leader in food.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Chemistry Intern will learn the practical application of:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)