- Reach – Microsoft’s resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
- Freedom -Microsoft values each individual’s talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
- Inspiration – Inspiration can be found through our products and how they can improve our customers’ lives.
The Chief of Staff (CoS) is the manager of the BSO team, responsible for leading, creating, and orchestrating processes across all business groups within Financial Services. The CoS is responsible for centralizing common, operational functions to scale, improve, standardize, and accelerate business, sales, and Partner transformation in the Field.
The CoS responsibilities are:
- Driving Culture Transformation
- Accelerate Empowering Success landing & support locally
- Orchestrating One Commercial Business (OCB) Planning
- Coordinating Operational Communications across Sales, Marketing, and Functional Teams
- Managing and Driving Insight into Business Performance Reviews via Rhythm of Connection (ROC)
- Optimizing Marketing Budgets and Sales Investments Funds to ensure ROI Maximization
- Executing the local Commercial Licensing Strategy
- Driving Business and Sales Standardization
- People Management
Orchestrate a High Performing Leadership Team
- Enable forums to capture all voices of LT members
- Enable problem solving among the LT
- Develop and orchestrate an effective ROB
- Support LT in building and growing effective inclusive teams; drive the Microsoft strategy; and role model our Microsoft values, to deliver exceptional results
- Enable LT to effectively live and demonstrate our Brand and Culture through every engagement externally and internally
Lead and Manage Sales Excellence and Consulting/Sales Operations
- Lead Sales Operations for US FSI – delivering accurate, consistent, productive and impactful Rhythm of the Business, support SEL in all functions including (but not limited to) quota setting, account planning, territory mapping, pipeline management practices, forecasting, business reviews, etc.
- Own and lead the team through multi-Fiscal Year planning – organization design, growth models, alignment for greater scale, etc.
- Establish FSI Key Performance Indicators to drive effective and efficient sales and service operations.
- Lead business analyses and scenario planning as required.
- Drive resource optimization across OU.
Manage Office of the VP and Executive Communications for VP
- Develop and deliver a strong support structure of Administrative resources supporting the LT & broader US FSI OU
- Own and manage OPEX budget (all line items from Payroll, Hardware, T&E, Recruiting, etc), Blueprint and Headcount management effectively in partnership with Finance, Sales Excellence, HR, GTA; deliver accuracy
- Build Momentum, excitement and inspire action in the field via the voice of the VP with relevant communications sent proactively and with predictable frequency
- Ensure vehicles / forums exist to communicate the right key priorities and current progress to the field via All Hands, Pulse updates, Off sites
- Share communication best practices and ideas across OUs and in turn leverage corresponding best practices from segment peers & partners
Manage and Organize VP Field & Customer Engagement and all Executive Engagement
- Partner, coach, coordinate with Business Manager and Market to execute on executive engagement plan, exec field visits, 1st to 3rd party exec events
- Ensure optimized VP field engagement with strategic customers (e.g.: ‘problem’ customers; Compete; Dark EA, Low Consumption etc)
- Ensure quality use of VP time while in the field including touch points with Field (internal) and Sponsored Accounts (externally); ensure field associated prep/post SLAs & post visit follow up (T- & T+ Plan) are met
- Ensure focus on effective Quality Proactive Planning of field visits in a way that has a low tax on the field (e.g.: enough lead time; good direction etc)
- Ensure all executive engagements/field visits at CVP level and above are run smoothly with right customers engaged and productive meeting outcomes are achieved
Build US FSI Brand & Culture in partnership with LT and enable org
- Build and nurture Manager Community within US FSI in partnership with GMs and HR.
- Support ongoing readiness efforts and coordinate community learnings and best practice sharing among managers and sellers.
- Liaise and Manage Matrix & Extended Teams : Liaise with key business partners (BM community, National/WW teams, Services, Partner org) and build/maintain connections to enable successful operation of the business
- Adhere to Compliance Requirements & support US RI Compliance Champion
- 8-10 years related experience, people management experience is required
- Other sales marketing services or partner related background is preferred
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers and executives (required)
- Intermediate to advanced conflict resolution and negotiation skills (required)
- Deep understanding of business and sales operations
- Understanding of the IT market
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning, and organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate & collaborate effectively
- Must be highly analytical with the ability to understand business metrics, financial, customer, and market trends
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A) required and/or experience in relevant fields (e.g., business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance). Master’s degree advantageous
- Desirable qualifications include formal training in business strategy, sales operations, business operations, sales, marketing, project and process management, financial planning & analysis, and operations and/or internal controls
- Anywhere in the Eastern Timezone
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.