JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of customers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
North America Legal Entity Risk Governance team is a group within the CIB risk organization, established to support both the Regional Chief Risk Officers and Legal Entity Risk Managers (LERM). The team is primarily responsible for oversight of the Risk Management functions (cross Line of Business at times) in the Americas (Canada, Latin America and United States). The candidate will work across the Risk stripes in the Firmwide and in country-based risk teams, as well as partner with groups including Oversight and Control, Compliance, Finance and Regulatory Risk. The North America LE team partners with each area impacting a Legal Entity to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory rules.
Support the senior team members that run LE Credit risk governance agendas and ensure adherence to certain credit risk related exposure and capitalization processes. Continually learn and become a specialist with the various local regulatory bodies’ rules and the impact on a particular Legal Entity.
- Monitor fluctuations of the credit risk exposure component driving the regulatory capital calculations of the US Broker Dealer and help in overseeing the LE credit risk regulatory capital computation process in partnership with CCIC and BM&A.
- Support the LE Credit Risk team in driving business and regulatory initiatives related to JPMS LLC LE counterparty credit risk management and capital.
- Provide support in discussions with regulators and drive progress towards regulatory approvals / notifications in partnership with Risk Regulatory Exam Management
- Drive internal initiatives to have marginal products developed and priced into GAUSS (offline trades)
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (LOB, Legal, Credit Risk, QR, Capital Policy, Finance, etc.) as necessary with respect to the execution of initiatives affecting LE credit risk such as the introduction of new OTC derivatives into JPMS LLC through LOB specific or firm-wide initiatives.
- Help in the monitoring of legal entity credit risk limit utilization and maintain the JPMS LLC credit risk limit framework
- Participate in a monthly end to end oversight forum to ensure proper ownership and completion of assigned action plans.
- Both coordination and implementation of solutions that meet and/or exceed both new and changes to regulatory requirements.
- Build and understanding of risk profiles, LE reporting and learn to form and articulate a view. Will need to be able to quickly synthesize different risk presentations and communicate the different risk profiles in each Legal Entity.
- Work with the reporting team and subject matter experts to implement changes and upgrades to the periodic risk reports.
- Support Senior team members where needed.
- Continue to think of ways to enhance the firm’s adherence to changes in the regulatory landscape.
- 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in financial services (previous experience in Credit Risk function desired).
- Communication skills and ability to interface with all seniority levels within the firm.
- Organization/Project management Skills.
- Broad based risk knowledge; derivatives, product knowledge and TCP.
- Excel, Word & PowerPoint knowledge (PitchPro).
- Familiarity with exposure generated by derivatives & other traded products.
- Self starter and able to take tasks from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Proactive mindset is a must; able to identify issues and find solutions. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AUTOMNOSMSLY AND DRIVE SOLUTIONS.
- Attention to detail and ability to look at processes in the firm holistically and make strategic recommendations for improvement.
- Familiar with firm policy and procedure.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.