The candidate would function as the Commercial Letter of Credit operational lead for Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Global Trade Finance, and will manage the development, implementation, and oversee the on-going improvement across multiple Global Trade Finance products and functions in the assigned region.
Candidate must have extensive knowledge and experience in supporting Trade related products, e.g. Commercial Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections, Open Account and Supply Chain Finance, within a deadline driven environment; will have responsibility for multiple Trade Finance products/functions and be responsible for building a strong Center of Excellence across key functions in the region; is required to establish an overall end-to-end strategy and governance across migrations, delivery, training, re-engineering, risk and control framework in support of Trade Finance operations; is expected to provide broad based leadership by partnering with multiple work streams including technology and sales teams.
The role involves close coordination and working with other global processing locations to ensure business goals and objectives are met.
- Responsible for building, organizing and managing strong effective operations teams
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement opportunities to enhance our operating model and improve the client experience
- Build strong risk awareness and controls focused on the workflow, and work closely with Business Partners and Risk Control Managers in driving/implementing an effective, robust, pro-active and sustainable controls programs to pro-actively manage risks to the business
- Design an appropriate operating model across Global Trade Finance functions to ensure strong management coverage, oversight, and resiliency
- Remain attentive to Key Risk and Key Performance Initiatives to deliver and report strong metrics
- Adopt digitization/electronic initiatives and partner with clients to reduce invalid discrepancies on document presentations
- Build a strong transparent culture for staff based on meritocracy; advance the inclusive leadership agenda through diversity, training, performance management, networking, redeployment, job mobility, and mentoring
- Engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams and peers, and enhance overall employee engagement and retention, working in partnership with HR and training teams
- Monitor key HR issues around hiring, engagement, training, attrition, and overtime that may impact the business
- Improve and maintain a controlled environment (e.g. necessary controls activities within process flows implemented, appropriate control tools in place, team members fully understand risks and related controls)
- People & resource management (e.g. people development, attrition, pipeline/skills monitoring, and training programs).
- Manage the performance management cycle- Objective setting, development and career planning, performance appraisal and reward & recognition for the team.
- Encourage and practice efficient cost management by managing expenses and facilitating ways to reduce them to support business growth in a cost-effective manner
- Work in close partnership with peers in other global locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other business related course of study
- 10+ year proven track record at senior level with Trade Finance with extensive working knowledge of the guidelines for processing Trade Finance products
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership and lead a team to understand business goals and analyses opportunities
- Demonstrated strong collaborative problem-solving skills evidenced by results in past positions
- Ability to make independent decisions and utilize all available tools to manage and prevent corporate and client risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.