Client Services Group – Section Manager – Wealth Management Operations
POSTING DATE: Sep 2, 2020
PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-United States of America-Utah-South Jordan
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor’s Degree
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Background on the Position
The CSC Overnight Department Manager will be responsible for coaching and developing a team of Service Professionals, holding employees accountable for the service delivered to external and internal clients. The candidate will be expected to delegate responsibilities that lend to the career growth of the team. They will be expected to commit the ultimate success and progression of the organization specifically within driving improvement for the client. That individual must exhibit confidence, adaptability, exceptional problem solving skills and proven team leadership abilities.
The following are primary requirements of the position: operations for CSC support off hours including weekends and overnights, coaching and development of direct team members through call monitors, side by side reviews and onsite support. Additionally, that individual will need to meet targets for daily, weekly, monthly, or annual obligations. A successful Department Manager will also be expected to develop and leverage working relationships with Business Partners, contribute to ongoing Service Center process improvement initiatives and manage projects to address the expressed needs of Senior Leadership, Business Partners or clients.
- Coaching and Development of others
- Confident, self-motivated and a fast learner
- Excellent communication skills: Written and Oral
- Effective understanding of the Firm’s products, tools and services
- Continuously seeks to improve the delivery of White-Glove Service to clients
- Broad understanding of the Financial Services Industry
- Embraces the firms Mission and Business Principles
- Exceptional problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Proactive in contributing to the success of the team through process improvements and information sharing
- Displays the ability to multi-task and manages time between people and projects effectively
- Client management and teamwork skills: The candidate must have demonstrated ability in being flexible and working with stakeholders and colleagues at all experience levels.
- Leadership skills: The candidate must have experience leading multiple projects and teams. Candidate must be a strong leader with the ability to implement improvement and drive change within the organization.
- Problem solving skills: The candidate must have the ability to identify complex risks early and develop actionable mitigation plans.
- Communications skills: The candidate must be able to concisely explain complex issues to audiences of varying seniority. The candidate must also possess strong written and oral executive-level communications skills.
- Client management and teamwork skills: The candidate must have demonstrated ability in being flexible and working with stakeholders and colleagues at all experience levels. Experience of engaging and influencing senior leaders within the organization is essential.
- Project management skills: The candidate must have the ability to create practical and comprehensive implementation plans and partner with all levels of management and stakeholders to gain consensus. Experience of managing multiple projects or engagements and their associated budgets is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 24 months Financial Services Experience
- 12 months as a Quality Professional or other leadership and coaching experience is required
- Cross Location Business Partner and Team Collaboration
- Series 7, Series 99 (or ability to obtain within 120 days).
- Master’s Degree or advanced degree.
- Banking Services Support
- Digital Platform Support