The Director, Clinical Pharmacy develops, maintains, and/or operationalizes formularies related to coverage, utilization management edits, or clinical coverage policies for pharmacy and medical administered drug products. Conducts analysis on drug utilization trends to evaluate and inform formulary strategies. Collaborates on research projects and develops proposals for research projects. Develops corporate communications to be shared with senior leadership. Supports trend management of internal dept. production metrics as well as align with Enterprise dept’s on impact for plan membership. Conducting analysis of drug spend, utilization, and/or approval scenarios. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy
- Must have an active Pharmacist license with the Board of Pharmacy for the State of Florida
- 8+ yrs experience developing or maintaining formularies related to coverage, utilization management edits, or clinical coverage policies for pharmacy and medical administered drug products.
- 5 or more years of management experience
- Experience developing and leading successful strategies
- Experience in leading multifaceted departments
- Success leading teams, including direct-reports and matrixed functions
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- A postgraduate degree such as MBA, MHA, PharmD
- Knowledge of Humana’s internal policies, procedures and systems
Scheduled Weekly Hours