- Represent Medtronic during heart bypass surgeries to provide clinical and technical support and troubleshooting for products including but not limited to the Autolog, the BioConsole, Cortiva and Balance coatings.
- Provide on-site clinician education and training. Interface directly with clinician and functional organizations to develop specifications for content of courses. Adapt delivery and course content to meet the training needs of each institution.
- Serve as a product expert to clinicians and support staff regarding Medtronic products, services and support. Maintain a high-level of proficiency in product support issues, current medical literature, and applications.
- Support Sales Representatives in accomplishing sales objectives by building customer relationships.
- Support the sales organization by completing and providing updates concerning product training and education.
- Provide technical support for the Research & Development, Quality, Regulatory, Customer Service and Sustaining Engineering disciplines.
- Identify and champion new and creative approaches to business, operations and marketing opportunities and challenges.
- Attend and support key regional, national, and international medical meetings, e.g., AABB, SABM, AmSECT, CREF, ASATT, EACTS, etc.
- Participate in Voice of Customer (VOC) and customer VIP sessions regarding new and current Perfusion and ECLS products.
- Assist marketing in portfolio management and promotional plans designed to increase penetration for existing, enhanced and new products.
- As needed Interact with Point of Care Medical Laboratory technicians and assist in diagnostic device qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Cardiopulmonary Perfusionist
- 10 years of clinical experience in a cardiovascular setting and/or ICU or 8 years of experience with advanced degree.
- Clinically knowledgeable in the fields of Cardiopulmonary Bypass, ECMO, and respiratory therapy and/or continuous renal replacement therapy
- Knowledge of physiology
- Ability to communicate effectively with marketing, sales and healthcare professionals
- Ability to coach others on use of products and clinical applications
- Ability to prioritize under pressure
- Ability to travel extensively – 80% of time
- Experience in medical device sales
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing plans across product lines and customer types is also desired.
- Ability to type
- Ability to lift and carry 20 pounds
- Ability to sit or stand for 6-8 hours per day
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)