Chase is one of the largest U.S. providers of banking, lending, treasury, wealth management and investment services. Chase serves 50 million customers, including consumers, small businesses, mid-size companies, corporations, financial institutions, nonprofits and governments. Chase’s Mortgage Banking business is ranked No. 2 in originations and in servicing, with 7 million mortgages representing a combined balance of $1 trillion. The focus of Chase’s Mortgage Banking business is to deliver an unmatched customer experience through building lasting relationships, exceeding expectations, being courteous and professional, doing the right thing and owning customer inquiries from start to finish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Empathizes, enjoys, and is effective at working with customers
- Understands and works to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple items in a queue
- Communicates clearly and regularly with customers
- Proficient in the technical components of the job
- Demonstrates a determination to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Works well under pressure
- Able to build relationships quickly
- Demonstrates ownership and follow through
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
- Working with the customer and/or settlement agent to cure all post signing related issues or concerns
- Communicating to the settlement agent or closing attorney to verify that funds can be disbursed
- Retrieve disbursement delay monetary shortages from settlement agents
- Communicate with vendor, such as the settlement agent concerning issues with documents not being signed or signed in-correctly, or a Schedule A condition not being met
- Analyze and notate documentation that is outstanding
- Verify receipt of all closing documents to ensure they are correct and have been executed properly
- Review all outstanding closing conditions regarding required documentation. This may include the Closing Disclosure, Mortgage, Note, Right to Cancel, Truth in Lending and any Closing requirement showing on the Schedule A in the Closing package. Determine if conditions are met and update system of record with document status accordingly
- Make closing confirmation calls to ensure the closing took place and update system of record
- Request and upload critical document packages from settlement agents
- Complete specific state required documents as authorized signer
- Make outbound calls to borrower with loan status updates as needed
Knowledge and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years customer service experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in mortgage processing working experience in conventional, government, purchase and refinance
- Minimum of 2 years Mortgage closing experience, with state specific requirements (TX, MD, IN) preferred
- Possess strong attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Basic office skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to understand and explain Closing Disclosure preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of the end-to-end mortgage loan process
- Thorough understanding and proven ability to explain loan requirements as listed on the closing instructions
N/AChase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.