- 5 years of hands-on experience building, maintaining or operating grid computing clusters and data management systems.
- Experience with project management, client-facing or consulting, and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with one or more schedulers (e.g. PBS and derivatives, HTCondor, Data Synapse, Slurm, LSF, Grid Engine, derivatives, etc.) and Orchestration systems (e.g. Elasticluster, DAGMan, Pegasus, GlideinWMS, Cromwell, etc).
- Experience with Filers and Data Access systems (e.g. NFS servers, Elastifile, Avere, glusterfs, Isilon, Bluearc, Lustre, Ceph, HDFS, dCache, etc.) and cluster-oriented network topologies and solutions based on Ethernet or Infiniband.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, etc.) and in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, or Windows with familiarity with standard IT security practices (e.g. encryption, certificates, key management, etc).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Google Cloud Consultant for Infrastructure, you will work directly with Google’s customers on critical projects to help them transform their businesses. You will provide management, consulting and technical knowledge to customer engagements while working with client executives and technical leaders to deploy solutions via Google’s Cloud Platform. You will also work closely with Google partners currently servicing top accounts to manage programs, deliver consulting services, and provide technical guidance and best practice expertise.
You will guide customers on how to configure and deploy their Google Cloud infrastructure consisting of identity and access management, network architecture, application security, logging, monitoring, billing and more. You will consult with customers on how to best design Cloud High Performance and high throughput computing in Google Cloud.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Interact with sales/partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate customer requirements into recommendations for solution architecture and consulting services.
- Manage a team of technical consultants and Google partners, provide a point of escalation for customer inquiries, coach and grow team members’ skills in consulting delivery.
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver migrations to cloud solutions.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies and published assets.
- Understand and clearly articulate customer needs, and help shape Google’s long-term product strategy.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.