- BA/BS degree or 10+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
- 10+ years of IT implementation experience, including enterprise-scale networks and/or content offerings
- Direct hands-on experience leading the design, development, and deployment of infrastructure at scale into the cloud
- Technical knowledge and hands-on implementation experience with AWS Edge services (CloudFront, Shield, WAF, [email protected]) and/or third-party equivalent solutions
- Technical knowledge of Internet protocols such as HTTP, SSL, DNS, etc.
- Direct hands-on technical experience with CDN solutions
Are you a subject-matter expert in Edge services (specifically, CDN, WAF, and DDoS mitigation)? Do CDN concepts like cache-hit ratio, latency reduction, POP locations, and serverless support excite you? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new Edge technologies at AWS? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS infrastructure architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as an Edge expert to meet with customers and partners. This position is for a highly-technical subject-matter expert who can dive deep, work with customers, and collaborate with internal teams to design next generation of Edge-based architectures and new offerings.
Candidates should be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with Edge-based tools in support of Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), Web Application Firewalls (WAF), and/or DDoS mitigation. Customer-facing experience is required to demonstrate and explain solutions that have been implemented. Customer meetings may include work with developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives.
Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners. We are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services as needed.
- Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
- Leading highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software deployments
- Experience in leading or supporting a migration from one Edge service provider to another.
- Network knowledge and experience with IP networking and routing, data center networks and network topologies, DNS, and security
- Deep Edge knowledge and experience with CDN providers, perimeter security solutions, and/or DDoS mitigation strategy and services
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, or Puppet
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must. The candidate has the ability to work effectively with customers as well as internal and external organizations and virtual teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.