- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to audiences.
- Experience working with and managing external partners/customers.
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery.
- Experience architecting scalable Big Data solutions in virtualized environments.
- Knowledge of containerization and container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Knowledge of standard IT security practices such as identity and access management, data protection, encryption, certificate and key management.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide excellent technical guidance to customers adopting Google Cloud Platform services. This includes providing best practices on secure foundational cloud implementations, automated provisioning of infrastructure and applications, cloud-ready application architectures, and more. You will also ensure that customers receive the best of what Google Cloud Platform (GCP) can offer, and have an excellent experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform. Additionally, you will work closely with Product Management and Product Engineering to drive excellence in Google Cloud products and features.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with customers to design Cloud-based technical architectures, migration approaches, and application optimizations that enable business objectives.
- Serve as a technical advisor and perform troubleshooting to resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Create and deliver best practices, recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, and sample code.
- Travel up to 30% of the time as required.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.