As a CSA, your primary responsibility will be to work with Microsoft’s ecosystem partners (Independent Software Vendors, System Integrators, Managed Service Providers, Channel Partners) to enable their success with Azure infrastructure. You will help them plan efforts to migrate products, solutions, and services to the cloud. The CSA is a highly technical partner-facing role accountable for the end-to-end cloud technical architecture and infrastructure deployment experience. In this role, you will own technical partner engagement leading Envisioning Sessions, Architecture Design Sessions (ADS), hackfest and Proofs of Concept (POC) sessions, as well as help partners launch their products, solutions, or services in market.
The ideal candidate will have experience in either customer- or partner-facing roles and have demonstrated success leading technical discussions with senior leaders to facilitate critical business and technical decisions related to cloud infrastructure. Candidates need to possess the ability to effectively and convincingly communicate technical topics with a high degree of autonomy, energy, enthusiasm, flexibility. Success will be measured by the creation of real and measurable business results as evidenced by deploying partner solutions in Microsoft Azure.
Cloud Solution Architect Responsibilities
Technical Enablement: Jointly develop technical enablement plan for partners.
Enablement Execution: Lead or contribute to the delivery of workshops, bootcamps, and training events necessary to build the technical skills and expertise of partners.
Technical Engagement: Lead the execution of deep technical enablement engagements including; Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, Architectural Design Sessions, Hackathons to define and bring new solutions to market.
Technical Acumen: Stay current on technology trends and opportunities, compliance/risk issues by reading, attending webinars, conferences delivered by industry thought leaders such as Gartner, Forrester, and IDC.
The Participation Economy: Attends Digital Transformation/Technology conferences such as Ignite, re:Invent, SAPPHIRE or KubeCon. Participates on technical panels and user groups and contributes with insights and work that is shared in communities such as MSDN and Channel9.
Technical Network: Invests in own LinkedIn Profile to promote value, experiences and expertise. Responsible for building an expansive network of partner technical contacts and internal connections including Azure engineering, field Marketing & Operations and peer Architects.
Technical Pre-Sales: Enable the partner on technical pre-sales skills while supporting initial customer wins.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
- Technical cloud infrastructure experience in one or more of the following Azure services and technologies or equivalent technologies in AWS or GCP: Windows Virtual Desktop, VMware, Cloud networking, storage, cloud compute, config management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible), monitoring (Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK), Security (Azure Sentinal, Azure Security Center, Splunk), Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), DevOps technologies (GitHub, Jenkins), Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, SAP on Azure
- Expertise with cloud platform migration, modern cloud and hybrid architecture
- Partner experience and understanding of partner business drivers and business models plus demonstrated skill building deep technical relationships with executives and technical leads within customer or partner organizations
- Able to set and lead the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives to help partners build a profitable Azure business
- Ability to build technical and business credibility with senior executives and grow mind share with highly strategic partners
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related degree preferred
- 5+ years success in consulting or technical sales roles, managing multiple stakeholder relationships, generating consensus on decisions, and driving next steps
- 5+ years experience in one of the Cloud Infrastructure specializations below:
Cloud Infrastructure (Open Source or Windows): Compute, Networking, Storage and DevOps, additionally good experience required (2+ years) in Containers, Windows Server or Linux Server Migration Techniques, Resiliency, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, BCDR and Management Tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Other jobs you may like
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Applications Development Platform. You will own the Cloud Infrastructure and Azure Applications Development technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots.
The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates · Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers’ knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners · Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community · Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
Experiences Required – Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist) required
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required. Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies) required
- Cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management);
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry);
- Continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet);
- Web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM) • one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of cloud development platforms preferred
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred