CSP is the fastest growing program in Microsoft’s partner network, supported by investments in a new commerce platform and a licensing model that enables partners to bundle services in the most effective way. In addition, Microsoft is transforming its commercial licensing to accelerate customers’ digital transformation by providing modern commerce, cloud-based solutions that are more tightly integrated with the underlying sales motion. Microsoft partners play a critical role in helping us deliver on that transformation promise – by shaping the consumption solutions and services our customers use to move to the cloud. This requires a new way of selling that highlights the additional value and services provided by Microsoft channel partners. The CSP and New Commerce Marketing Advisor will be on point to develop the US OCP end to end GTM planning efforts that enable our Indirect and reseller partners to expand their business as Cloud Service Providers (CSP), align with Microsoft’s strategic objectives, deliver maximum return on investment for our co-marketing spend while successfully landing the new commerce transformation within the US partner ecosystem. The CSP Marketing and New commerce Advisor will actively engage with our Partner Marketing and Partner Development Managers to enable GTM plans that drive growth as we transition our licensing to more effectively align with the digital transformation.
(60%) Landing Microsoft’s new Commerce impact in the CSP platform in coordination with technical and partner operations teams.
- Lead the partner awareness, enablement, and communication efforts for Microsoft’s Commerce evolution across CSP
- Educate our partner facing leads (PDM) by providing enablement materials and training to partner facing roles
- Coordinate with BSO to support internal readiness for relevant roles in SMC, Enterprise and RI for relevant CSP scenarios
- Partner with Internal Compensation team to ensure relevant roles in SMC, Enterprise and RI have parity in CSP compensation
- Co-own the Partner Transformation Journey champs v-team to ensure the voice of the partner is included in all engagement with functional stakeholders including BGs, Licensing, Partner Business Operations.
40% of time: Lead the CSP program by:
- Aligning efforts with the Commercial Licensing Team on FY21 hero selling motion strategy
- Creation and landing of Regional CSP Go to Market (GTM) plan in alignment with upcoming changes to our licensing strategy to ensure partner understanding, engagement and transition to the appropriate licensing model
- Engaging with finance and WW OCP teams to provide the appropriate tools, reporting and enablement for partners to maximize their customers digital transformation.
- Collaborate with SureStep program leads via the deliverable of FY20 CSP Fundamentals for partner recruiting
- Proactive alignment and CSP advocacy of partner incentives and investments with OCP GTM, BG’s and SMC
- 7+ years relevant commercial experience in Sales/Category/Marketing/Licensing
- Proven expertise in business management. Success in scaling existing business models and building new business for growth (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
- Proven ability to build and drive strong partner relationships, you can become your clients trusted advisor
- Executive communication skills with the ability to influence internally and externally
- Thriving in ambiguity and challenging status quo
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment including managing virtual teams across functions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.