- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, software development, or product operations management.
- Experience advocating for customer issues/needs.
- Experience with designing or managing large distributed systems.
- System administrator level experience of Linux/Unix or Windows systems (from kernel to shell and beyond, file systems and client-server protocols).
- Understanding of the following Internet technologies: web-tech (HTTP, DNS, TLS, HTML), networking (routing, TCP/IP).
- Excellent troubleshooting, attention to detail, and written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our team is focused on the customer, and you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues. You will be required to work in a Shift Pattern or non-standard work hours as required. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Own the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Workspace.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google’s product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, for quicker identification and resolution of future issues.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work as part of a team of Engineers/Consultants that globally ensure 24 hour customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs proactively with cross-functional teams like Product Management or Software Engineering.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.