Real Estate Banking:
Real Estate Banking (REB) delivers commercial real estate and banking products to top-tier clients active in major markets across the U.S. Primary property types include multifamily, retail, office and industrial properties. REB clients are top-tier national and regional real estate developers, investors, Real Estate Operating Companies (REOCs) and opportunity and investment funds.
REB has broad national capabilities and expertise in real estate credit, including:
- Commercial and multifamily construction
- Structured revolving facilities
- Term mortgage lending
- Subscription facilities
The business also often assembles and manages large multi-bank syndications to finance institutional quality real estate investments for clients at both the asset and entity level.
The position is for a contributing member of the deal team who will be responsible for the underwriting and management of a portfolio of commercial real estate credits/relationships in a fast-paced, regulated environment. The Credit Associate will also be involved in the loan closing process and construction loan draw approvals. Candidates should have a good baseline knowledge of credit and commercial real estate finance/lending with the expectation of developing these skills further while in this role. Strong analytical and business writing skills are necessary. The role will have some customer contact so candidates should have solid communication skills.
- Performing necessary credit analysis and due diligence on new loan opportunities including assisting in preparing Investment Committee Memorandums
- Working with Product Specialists to size and structure loans to mitigate risks
- Performing final underwriting of loans and Risk Rating recommendations
- Preparing Credit Approval Packages and recommending approvals to Senior Credit Executives
- Working with loan administration and Product Specialists to facilitate loan closings
- Working with Portfolio Management to ensure credit worthiness of Borrowers/Guarantors/Sponsors and appropriate risk grades are assigned
- Ensuring compliance with established underwriting standards and guidelines, credit approval requirements, and other policies and procedures associated with new loan originations
- Communicating with clients on loan due diligence deliverables
- 2+ years of Commercial Real Estate Credit and/or Commercial Banking/lending experience
- BA/BBA preferred
- Strong analytical and business writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills with internal partners, counsel, clients and senior management.
- Accounting and finance knowledge, as well as knowledge of real estate fundamentals and concepts
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office required and Argus a plus
- Experience with cash flow modeling and financial statement analysis is preferred
- Knowledge of JPMC or similar bank policies and procedures preferred
- Completion of a major corporate banking credit training program (or the equivalent corporate banking/corporate finance experience)JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.