- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in communications, marketing, policy, consulting, or PR.
- Experience in Social Media content and strategy in India or directly related to India.
- Experience working cross-functionally on logistics, content and strategy on events for internal and external audiences of various sizes.
- Experience project managing and coordinating content for communications campaigns.
- Ability to influence and build effective relationships with leaders.
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead efforts across disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Communications Manager for Executive Communications, you will support our executive team. Our company mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Within Google, the Global Communications and Public Affairs (GCPA) team is responsible for showcasing how Google products make people’s lives easier and help individuals and companies succeed in a digital world.
Through spotlighting the helpfulness of our products, the responsibility of our actions, or how we communicate with our employees, your role would be to work closely with our external executive communications team to further our executive communications strategy.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Develop communications strategies for Google executives that include interview briefings, speeches, emails and social media content.
- Show a nuanced understanding of the media and social media landscape in India and develop ways to adapt communications that originate in the US for Indian audiences.
- Develop messaging on complex, nuanced issues.
- Coordinate cross-functionally on logistics, content and strategy on events for internal and external audiences of various sizes.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.