- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of communications experience in the area of public affairs, media relations, or public relations.
- Experience supporting multi-faceted communications programs.
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Storytelling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
Search is core to our identity and mission to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping the story of Google Search and helping everyday people learn how Google can help them understand all the world’s information.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders-and our own employees-about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Work closely with executives and cross-functional teams to support communications programs for Google Search.
- Devise press strategies and provide communications guidance for new product launches, supporting the product team and developing compelling communications materials, including story pitches, statements and blog posts.
- Create and execute proactive campaigns to educate people around the world about how Google works and how it can empower them with access to information.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners and influencers in the tech, business and ecosystem press.
- Represent Google as a company spokesperson.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.