Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
We are hiring a Communications Planning Manager, to join the Communications Planning and Media Investment (CPMI) team, part of Facebook’s Consumer Marketing organization. The CPMI team are responsible for communications planning, media strategy and execution stewardship for all consumer-facing campaigns across the Facebook family of apps.This role will be responsible for development of media strategies and integrated channel plans for Instagram. They will partner with Instagram’s Integrated Advertising, Brand Strategy, Insights & Analytics, Creative, Social, and Partnerships teams, to devise and execute in-market plans that deliver our brand narrative through effective and innovative paid media strategies.
- Develop measurable, media strategies and plans grounded in objectives and audience insights, to deliver innovation and business outcomes
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights to influence the audience and media strategy and recommendation, and inform tactical planning, execution and optimization
- Serve as a subject matter expert, developing work that incorporates industry innovation, planning and measurement best practices, across digital and traditional channels
- Build strong working relationships and drive influence with cross-functional partners across Marketing, Decision Science, Insights & Creative teams to develop fully integrated work
- Partner with external media agency, and CPMI International planners to drive cohesive media planning and execution around the globe
- Manage multiple media work streams and deliverables to ensure flawless campaign planning and execution, working in close coordination across internal and external teams
- Partner with marketing, product, partnership, creative and agency teams to design custom media activations that deliver brand and product narrative in unexpected ways
- Analyze campaign performance against KPIs and author insights, takeaways, and recommendations for ongoing campaign optimization and reporting
- 5+ years experience in strategic media planning, either within an agency or within a client organization
- Proven track record in building relationships, navigating cross functional teams and presenting to stakeholders and leadership
- Proven experience in measurement, analytics and in gathering audience insights and using those to tell a compelling story
- Experience managing the development of full funnel media strategies and communicating the role of individual channels vs. how channels complement each other in a plan
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the trends impacting media, measurement and analytics
- Experience in planning and executing multi-channel media campaigns and working in data-driven environments
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]