- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of program or project management experience.
- 6 years of experience in a people management role or experience leading teams.
- Experience working with legal counsel and handling program and project management responsibilities.
- Experience working with Product Engineering on compliance needs.
- Experience building or managing risk assessment and compliance programs.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing requirements, including operating under tight deadlines.
- Stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
The Legal Investigations Support (LIS) Team manages an operations and programs team of policy specialists who are on the front lines of international criminal and civil legal requests for user data. Together we work with external teams, leadership, and counsel on a range of projects.
As the Compliance Manager on LIS, you will manage ongoing risk assessment, escalation and reporting to ensure compliance to law enforcement and user data requests. You will manage a small team of LIS Subject Matter Experts who will own a suite of programs critical to identifying compliance risks. You will also work with other Leads to identify risks, work with counsel to set compliance priorities, and ensure that procedures address risk areas.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Build out the LIS Compliance Team.
- Develop and maintain appropriate metrics for compliance reports.
- Escalate compliance risks through Google’s broader compliance structure.
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of process quality for the whole organization.
- Prioritize managing existing projects and developing new ones as the law develops and products evolve.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.