Collection and Recovery Strategies develops tactics that help our customers through difficult times while mitigating losses for the Bank. The Consumer Product Strategy Analyst must be able to work independently to develop recommendations that consider their research and analysis, the regulatory framework, and competing strategies. The analyst must then utilize communication and influencing techniques to build consensus and drive implementation. This high visibility position offers a unique opportunity to interact with senior managers and drive significant business results.
Responsible for performing complex analysis aimed at improving portfolio risk, profitability, and optimizing operational performance for consumer products. Expectations include identifying business trends based on economic and portfolio conditions and executing strategic enhancements. The core focus of the group is building transformational call routing strategies through use of quantitative analytics to maximize ROI while maintaining operational quality and ensuring a positive customer experience. Candidate must be intellectually curious with a mind for innovation and proven ability to develop/execute on objectives in a data driven environment. This includes quantifying value to build compelling business cases and delivering persuasive executive level presentations. Detailed knowledge of SAS / SQL, financial statements, and business processes preferred. 2+ years strategic analysis experience preferred.
Position may be hired as an Analyst II, III or Market Information Mgr I depending on experience
- 1+ years of programming and analytics experience with SAS/SQL, Python, or R
- 1+ years of quantitative analyst experience, including skills like data mining, forecasting, and statistics
- Strong ability to prepare and leverage data in order to recognize business opportunity and drive results
- Skilled with MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient at written and oral communication, including presentation skills
• 4-year degree• Experience working within Bank of America’s data infrastructure (BACARDI, The W, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with business case development
- Experience with process design/redesign (e.g. Six Sigma, Agile project management)
- Advanced Degree (MBA in Operations and/or Statistics)
- Experience managing projects and maintaining project timelines with cross-functional contributors
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: