A Heavy equipment mechanic is responsible for providing mechanical support to equipment including cranes, winches, and auxiliary equipment at the Jersey City repair facility and various jobsites.
Essential Job Functions
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any malfunctions to equipment.
- Repair and test equipment as needed (i.e. hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems and components).
- Clean, lubricate, and perform routine maintenance as required.
- Completes repairs and maintenance jobs as needed.
- Follows all company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “Incident and Injury Free” work environment
- Five (5) years of mechanical experience (Caterpillar, Cummins, John Deere, MTU).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of AC electrical systems preferred.
- Ability to work a 40-hour work week, Mon. thru Fri. 7 am to 330 pm, overtime as required.
- This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language.
- Short-term travel may be required from time to time
Required Certifications or Licenses
- TWIC – Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to tolerate harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and heights.
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time.
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.