Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Construction Project Engineer to join our Data Center Engineering & Construction Team. Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Building and operating data centers the “right” way is synonymous with ensuring high uptime, capacity availability and capital conservation. The data center engineering team thinks from chip to chiller (or electrical substation), determining configurations and ensuring maximum efficiency of our compute infrastructure.
- Support the Campus Construction Manager and the Construction Project Manager(s) during the construction of the multi-phased data center project at the assigned geographical location(s).
- Monitor and control budgetary spending and billings as well as assist with the development of capital project budgets and forecasts.
- Review and negotiate with the contractors and vendors all change orders, cost savings strategies from ROM development to final price approvals.
- Support the on-site inspection processes and commissioning as required by the Construction Project Manager.
- Actively work to mitigate project risks through proactive planning and partnering.
- Work closely with the Procurement Department on equipment procurements, FWTs, deliveries, storage, startup, trouble shooting, and support warranty work as needed.
- Serve as POC for all ICM Leadership visits preparing presentation materials, scheduling meetings, and handle the logistics of these visits.
- Manage the Guard Building, SOC, and Administrative space build, coordinate with end users, and communicate schedule turnovers and deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Manage all warranty and “Day Two” projects with the Facilities team in the operational data center spaces.
- Provide training as needed to project team members in regard to the construction project administrative systems and controls.
- Align with the contractor to develop the content and presentation for the turnover Hot Wash session with the facilities group.
- Provide weekly status reporting in the areas of Financial, Schedule, Quality, Safety, and Culture for leadership consumption on the site wide program.
- Provide construction consulting services to local Ops team and other cross functional departments.
- Occasional travel to our ICM headquarters or to internal summits not local to your work location will be expected (approx. 15% travel).
- Respond on an as-needed basis to on-site emergencies coordinating with local officials when necessary.
- Promote and model an attitude of continuous improvement, partnership, and teamwork in behaviors and communications.
- Promote and model an attitude of openness to giving, seeking, and receiving 30-degree feedback.
- Coordinate owner training with contractor, vendors and facilities team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in construction and project planning
- Experience in large scale construction management
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards including fire protection regulations
- Negotiations skills and experience in providing solutions to problems
- Experience with P6
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Bluebeam
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]