Biosis is seeking to appoint an experienced Consultant Archaeologist to join our team in Sydney, Western Sydney, or Wollongong. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading consultancy which provides ecological, heritage and environmental approval services throughout south-eastern Australia.
Working closely with our multi-disciplinary team of professionals, you will become an integral member of the heritage team in NSW, a key contributor to existing and future projects throughout NSW, and a driver for the development of our heritage capabilities in the region.
As a Consultant Archaeologist you will be working on a range of Aboriginal and historical heritage projects across NSW. The position will provide you with exciting opportunities to work in regional and remote locations alongside our team of over 30 heritage specialists across eight NSW and Victorian offices.
You will have the opportunity to learn from environmental and heritage consultants with over 40 years’ experience. You’ll also get to mentor junior colleagues within our Consultant Development Program. Our staff receive strong internal mentoring and have access to external development opportunities for both technical and non-technical skills.
Biosis places an emphasis on developing positive heritage outcomes by engaging in robust and meaningful Aboriginal community consultation. As a result Biosis provides internal and external development opportunities for our staff to build relationships with Aboriginal stakeholders, and to work with Aboriginal communities to ensure their cultural values are appropriately represented in our work and to other stakeholders.
This position will suit a mid to senior level archaeologist with strong technical skills, the ability to provide sound heritage advice and guidance to clients, experience in managing heritage assessments and Aboriginal community consultation, the ability to create high level technical reports and proposals, and that are dedicated to undertaking projects and engagement with integrity and professionalism.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate the following selection criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in archaeology (honours level or equivalent).
- A minimum of three years’ experience in either consulting or the public sector with a focus on Aboriginal and/or historical heritage.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with Aboriginal stakeholders.
- Comprehensive interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Experience in project management and budget control.
- Comprehensive report writing and proposal writing skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of Commonwealth and NSW legislation and guidelines.
- Experience working independently and as a part of a team.
- Competency with computer programs and software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and/or similar software packages.
- A current manual driver’s licence.
- Willingness to undertake long periods of field work in both urban and remote locations.
Desirable selection criteria
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain lasting client relationships.
- Artefact analysis skills (Aboriginal and/or historical).
- Self-motivation with strong time management skills.
- Experience in marketing, business development and client relationship management.
- Ability to hold permits under the NSW Heritage Act 1977 (Excavation Director/Secondary Excavation Director).
Biosis offers the security of an established organisation with support services in WHS, HR and accounts, and a supportive and vibrant work culture. We provide you with a competitive salary package consisting of base salary plus super. Our heritage team works collaboratively across the company and you will have the opportunity to be mentored by a range of industry experts within Biosis.
As a Biosis employee, you will also be rewarded with many of our added employee benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Professional development program, including a professional development allowance.
- Employee reward and recognition program.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Study assistance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Social activities.
- Internal job opportunities throughout Australia.
For more information, contact Louise Reardon on 03 8686 4884.
To apply, forward a copy of your CV and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to [email protected]
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 13 July 2020.
Please note: Australian residents / work permits only.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.