What you’ll be doing…
This position is responsible for handling Regulatory audit functions for the Wireline Business. This position will require coordination of audits with State and Local jurisdictional auditors as well as third party auditors; preparation and/or review of audit responses, work papers supporting regulatory filings; research and interpretation of statutes and laws; analysis of accounting entries; involvement with process improvements such as automation, and other special projects.
- Prepare Regulatory State and Local audit responses and supporting documentation by obtaining information from Regulatory Compliance, Legal, Tax Technology and other various groups within Verizon.
- Conduct Regulatory audit reviews with State and Local jurisdictions and successfully complete audits on a timely basis.
- Interpret State and Local Ordinances and/or Agreements to determine the applicability of Vz products and services.
- Coordinate with Vz Legal and State Regulatory groups to review audit responses and audit findings.
- Resolve audit findings by researching ordinance and/or analyzing revenue at a very detailed level.
- Assist with maintaining detailed and accurate audit logs for Executive Management review on a regular basis.
- Understand financial statements, journal entries, and compliance processes.
- Assist with reconciling FAS 5 reserves for Regulatory audit liabilities.
- Work on projects that include implementation of cost savings strategies, process improvements, streamlining existing procedures, and documenting procedures.
- Able to identify areas in a process that can be automated and assist IT with execution.
- Handle special projects that involves researching surcharge applicability, analyze revenue and surcharge data and propose appropriate solutions for management review.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in, Tax, Finance or equivalent; Regulatory and Audit experience.
- Experience with tax research, tax accounting, SOX processes, telecommunication taxes, and tax saving strategies.
- Experience handling audits and replying to State and Local Auditor IDR’s.
- Knowledgeof tax law, compliance procedures, accrual methodology, and tax initiatives.
Even better if you have:
- CPA or MS in Taxation.
- Solid oral, written and analytical skills.
- Ability to work equally well both independently and working within a team.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Project management skills.
- The ability to prioritize deliverables with competing timelines.
- Experienceaccurately managing deadlines.
- Experiencewith the data requirements needed for the preparation and filing of tax returns (ie: knowledge of billing systems, etc.)
- A knowledge of various tax systems, such as CCH, RIA, and Vertex.
- Previous exposure to PeopleSoft or SAP (or other major General Ledger Suite Software) is beneficial.
- Ability to use analytical software such as but now limited to Alteryx and Qlick.
- Working knowledge of artificial intelligence (ie: “BOTS”) technical skills.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.