Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Messenger’s goal is to empower people to feel closer even when they’re not physically together. In this world, everyone can stay connected and share experiences with close friends and family everyday. Video Chat and Rooms are at the center of this strategy, making hanging out with friends casual, fun, and spontaneous – just like real life. This is one of the fastest growing product categories at Facebook and also a critical driver in growing messaging. We’re looking for a strong Consumer Product Marketing leader to join our team to drive successful marketing initiatives that drive user awareness, engagement and retention. The ideal candidate will have a strong consumer tech product marketing background and is able to develop marketing strategies balancing the needs of established and zero to one products. With product areas still in nascent phases of establishing product market fit, this position requires entrepreneurial drive, a rigorous, analytical approach to problem solving, and the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams. It will be critical that this person is able to unify teams around a strategic north-star in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, dynamic environment built to move fast. This is a multi-dimensional role requiring a leader who can drive both strategy and execution while leading a team of product marketers. They will work closely with Product, Communications, Policy, and other teams to define go-to-market for key product launches and also collaborate closely with brand and integrated marketing teams in defining the long term brand vision and outbound campaign strategies. They are analytical and creative, highly collaborative, and have a successful track record of launching and scaling mass-market consumer products for a range of well-known consumer brands. They also have a track record of leading high-performing teams and developing people alongside products.
- Lead a high-performing team of product marketers
- Work with Marketing Insights & Data Science to generate break-through quantitative, qualitative, and competitive insights
- Build strong product positioning and clear narratives for remote presence products (Video chat and Rooms). Align cross-functional go-to-market teams on central messaging/narratives
- Drive go-to-market strategy and plans working closely with cross-functional teams to determine effective launch strategy and communications sequencing
- Partner with brand and integrated marketing on brand vision, outbound marketing and advertising strategies and programs to drive consumer awareness, adoption and long term engagement
- Understand the Remote Presence landscape, key competitors, and Messenger’s unique differentiators in the space to help define long term product/brand strategy
- Tackle complex challenges with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving them with product and cross-functional leadership
- 6 or more years of experience with team leadership, cross-functional team leadership, leadership, consumer products, thought leadership, or team management
- 12+ years of experience launching & scaling consumer apps, products or services for global consumer brands
- Experience developing and driving analytically rigorous online and offline marketing campaigns
- Experience motivating and challenging teams and individuals at all levels of an organization, both directly and cross-functionally
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]