Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
In this role, you develop the technical content in Consumer Science plans and initiatives. You generate creative ideas and approaches to RDQ programs, assume the consumer science technical leadership role on cross-functional teams and interact with all levels in the organization.
How you will contribute
You will contribute to the planning and implementation of assigned research programs and projects and conduct independent projects by interacting with senior leaders to align and deliver on research objectives. Using input from other functional areas to drive consumer-centric solutions, you will develop project objectives and strategies. This role will require you to interact with key stakeholders and you may direct the work of junior professionals and/or temporary staff when completing assignments.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Qualification in food science, engineering, psychology, sociology, food technology, food chemistry or similar area of study
- Consumer science experiences, including several years of managing complex programs, solving complex problems and impacting the quality of work done by other technical people
- Statistical theory and its application to sensory/consumer research and mastery in discrimination, descriptive analysis and consumer tools and techniques
- Effectively partnering with clients and/or stakeholders and working collaboratively internally and externally in an ever changing commercial and technical environment
- Leading cross-functional teams and interacting with all levels of the organization
- Communication and influencing skills, using negotiation skills effectively to resolve conflict and gain alignment
- Applying critical thinking and thought leadership to deliver complex, ambiguous programs
- Maintaining a safe working environment for self and others
Job specific requirements:
- Educated to at least degree level in a scientific subject and/or appropriate post graduate qualifications.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in consumer science
- Skilled at negotiation and influence.
- Mastery in Sensory and Consumer tools and techniques including preference mapping, drivers of liking, focus groups and 1-on-1 interviews.
- Strong knowledge of statistical theory and its application to sensory/consumer research. Practical experience of application of statistical analysis including analysis of complex data sets and data mining.
- Project Management
- Proven track record in effective partnering with clients and/or stakeholders and ability to communicate well with non-technical audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Comfortable dealing with a high degree of ambiguity
- Experience working with packaging a plus
No Relocation support available, however for candidates voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz International family with a significant employee and manufacturing footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment, made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic brands—including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz , Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids confectionery products —are close at hand for our consumers across the country.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Science & Engineering
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.