SR. CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (R&D)
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group of Medtronic strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
RESPIRATORY INTERVENTIONS (RI), a division of MITG, offers a portfolio of innovative solutions that spans the continuum of care. We focus on expanding global access to our therapies that improve clinical outcomes for patients with respiratory compromise.
The Senior Control Engineer will be a member of the R&D engineering team working in the development and support of respiratory and patient monitoring products. Senior Control Systems Engineers are expected to work with other members of the engineering staff to provide technical systems level expertise and solutions to engineering problems. The Senior Control Systems Engineer will also participate in the creation of test plans, design verification requirements, and other project documentation.
- Works with teams to develop systems architectures for life support ventilators.
- Uses modeling, hardware-in-the-loop simulation and actual devices to develop, debug and evaluate system behavior.
- Designs, develops and revises algorithms to implement, refine, and enhance product features.
- Works with other technical disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Clinical) to develop, implement, and verify system solutions for a life support ventilator.
- Performs system-level or component-level analysis.
- Adheres to defined development procedures.
- Demonstrates good design practices.
- Defines and develops Use Cases for products based on the environment of clinical use.
- Provides clinical relevance for parameters identified.
- Develops specifications for ventilation breath delivery parameters in different modes of operation.
- Participates in requirements development, systems level document reviews.
- Evaluates performance of products based on industry practices and studies.
- Responsible for evaluation of product performance and system verification and work products.
- Design and development of test systems required for verification.
- Develop and execute test protocols for system verification.
- Implements system verification in accordance with defined development procedures.
- Provides feedback to improve system verification and document quality.
- Functions well in a team environment.
- Generates high-quality work products.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- BS in Engineering (Biomedical, Controls, Mechanical, or Electrical) + 5 years or equivalent (Advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years engineering experience in industry (i.e. medical, aeronautics, nuclear, defense, etc.).
- Familiar with control systems design
- Familiar with classical and modern control systems designtheory, digital signal processing
- Proficient with MATLAB and Simulink modeling/simulation
- Fluent in C/C++ programming language
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiar with systems engineering processes, in particular top down design using system requirements.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)