The Controls Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and programming robot applications, conveyor systems, equipment, and process/equipment monitoring systems. In addition, will collaborate with the maintenance team to fix and improve equipment failures.
- Own and lead all controls-related activities in the shop.
- Support maintenance team to troubleshoot difficult breakdowns and chronic equipment failures.
- Implement and manage continuous process optimization. Leverage advanced and conventional technologies to improve quality, increase productivity, and reduce waste.
- Develop & maintain proper documentation of all electrical equipment and associated procedures, making updates as required by modifications.
- Design, select, manage, program, and commission automation equipment.
- Root cause weak areas of the production systems, and implement effective countermeasures using all available means.
- Implement and maintain quality control methods including poke yokes, data tracking systems, part recognition and problem reporting.
- Optimization and improvement of HMI, and SCADA systems.
- Create, improve, and implement both quality and safety standards into manufacturing equipment
- Program using several different styles, including ladder logic and structured text.
- Managing the network and hardware IT infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics, mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
- 1-2+ years of professional controls engineering experience.
- 1-2+ years of advanced PLC programming knowledge on Rockwell, Siemens in a professional environment.
- Understanding of databases and various program languages (i.e. Java or Python).
- HMI programming experience – Ignition and Wonderware.
- Robotic programming skills desired – Kuka, Fanuc, etc.
- Proficient in computer-aided design specific to electrical diagrams and prints.