Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Job Title: Controls Technologist
Department: Manufacturing Area (Solutions Cells)
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Last Revision: 03-26-2020
Repairs, maintains and improves machinery control systems. Repairs and maintains machinery mechanical equipment such as engines motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and other equipment. Performs all duties with strict observance to cGMP’s, cSOP’s, cGDP’s and other internal and external regulations. Coordinate and implement new projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and participate in manufacturing general repairs (controls, mechanical, electrical pneumatical) on production equipment.
- Performs systems analysis and solves programming problems.
- Capable of programming (PLC, Drive Motors, etc,) (Windows, emails, computer in general)
- Capable to read, analyze and understand programs and system bugs.
- Performs basic PC troubleshooting and repair.
- Troubleshoots controls, mechanical, electrical, and electronic issues.
- Identifies and requests replacement parts to assist engineers to make purchase orders
- Installs and/or modify new or relocated equipment.
- Read and understands schematics or blue prints.
- Fills out all necessary documentation to comply with Company specifications (SOPs).
- Works under minimum supervision.
- Communicates effectively with operators, peers, supervisors, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Works with multiple projects and handles multiple tasks.
- Provides technical support to all assigned areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance work and reports according to established standards.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate cause of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines forms and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Replaces or repair defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Performs all tasks in a manner that is consistent with safety trainings.
- Able to lead projects.
- Team work oriented.
- Able to work extra hours, Holidays (eg. shutdowns, special projects).
- Carries tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas.
- Operates and control all critical equipment per validated parameters.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. Computer and Programming Literate knowledge.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with the immediate supervisor. Ability to read and write English.
Ability to apply advance mathematical. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
cGMP’s Training, Safety Trainings, certificates, Licenses, exams and registrations that the immediate supervisor refers.
COMPANY REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
Observes and promotes company security, industrial hygiene, cGMP’ s, procedures and other security measures already established by the company; should inform any violation,
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (with the appropriate safety equipment that Company provide). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.