The Control Management Controls Room team works collaboratively with other control disciplines and oversees existing control functions as well as the development of new control functions and protocols. The team’s objective is to empower the three lines of defense with risk based information to manage their control environment. We achieve this by collecting, analyzing and monitoring firmwide risk-based intelligence to all lines of business and corporate functions.
In this role, you will work at the intersection of analytics, user experience, design, and product development by designing and implementing reports/analytics through detailed analysis of operational risk data. You will work with business subject matter experts and LOB Control Managers, as well as partner with our Technology software engineers to perform analysis on various datasets and turn complex concepts into solutions that are simple and compelling, yet descriptive for both analytical and non-analytical audiences.
The ideal candidate will combine deep data insight and a strong analytics skill set to identify and deliver solutions for the control management organization. Hands on experience conducting complex analysis on large data sets, a strong portfolio of data visualization focused projects, and a keen eye toward program, project, and analysis completion to meet deadlines are vital for success in this role.
- Perform analytics to support the implementation of firm-wide initiatives and delivery of regulatory and executive reporting
- Own the full lifecycle of deliverables, including: communication with key stakeholders, implementation of scalable automated solutions, and overall timeline and resources management
- Improve internal risk and control program by performing end-to-end analysis, from data extraction to presentation/report creation, to identify insights and communicate findings to senior management
- Lead various strategic projects, process enhancements, and control initiatives related to material risk and control programs
- Develop an understanding of JPMC’s risk and control framework and apply this knowledge to challenge and improve existing processes
- Partner with line of business and functional control manager teams to identify areas of high risk and implement data-driven solutions to provide value added analysis and influence key decision making
- Partner closely with technology to ensure delivery of proposed solutions
- Manage/participate in multiple project work-streams concurrently
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field with an extensive experience of working with data and analytical problems
- Experience using analytics and visualization tools/libraries (Python, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.) to distill findings into insightful analytical solutions for stakeholders
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) (NLTK, spaCy, Gensim, etc.)
- Experience working with large complex data sets, drawing conclusions, and reporting findings
- Experience project managing small to large scale projects
- Experience working with internal control and risk management is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of functional groups at various levels
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
- Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Effective time management and multitasking skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.