The Controls Management mission is to solidify an effective Firmwide control framework within and across the lines of business by identifying and remediating control issues with a sense of urgency, regardless of the source. The Controls Management team will work collaboratively with other control disciplines and will oversee existing control functions as well as the development of new control functions and protocols. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm.
The Controls Room is a Firmwide Reporting Utility that provides standardized control-related data and drives quicker, efficient and accurate reporting. It’s an information warehouse with capabilities for reporting, visualizations and analytics. Its primary goal is to enhance control oversight and efficiency through the standardization and automation of operational risk reporting, provide access to Firmwide aggregated information and produce business risk insight
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for understanding, adopting, enforcing and disseminating applicable Firmwide Data Quality, Data Governance and Reference data policies, standards and procedures
- Responsible for sourcing data categories into our reporting platform
- Facilitate Data Quality rule discovery sessions to share profiling observations with data owners.
- Help to define the data quality rules for critical data elements based on the Firmwide dimensions and obtain approval from Data Owners
- Liaise with technology teams to manage delivery of new product features
- Partner with Metadata Management Team to ensure that metadata and lineage is up to date
- Understand new features and functionality added to source systems and ensure data is accurately on-boarded into the Risk and Control Data Reservoir
- Engage with Data Quality operations team for knowledge transfer and feedback
- Perform SIT and UAT testing to validate acceptance criteria for new product features
- Participate in Data Quality Triage calls to ensure appropriate preventative measures or process improvements are implemented
- Develop reporting for Line of Business Data Quality Champions to ensure reduction of end-user inputted and system generated data quality exceptions
- Onboard new data categories on reconciliation framework to ensure consistency is maintained between source and target systems
- Help perform analysis and recertification steps on various data management components on quarterly and yearly basis
Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline preferred
- A minimum 3 years of data management experience
- A minimum 3 years of SQL experience required
- CDMP certification preferred
- Experience with Operational Risk preferred
- Experience with Data Sourcing preferred
- Experience using Data Quality tools such as Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) is strongly preferred
- Experience using visualization or automation tools such as Tableau or Alteryx is strongly preferred
- Experience using metadata management tools such as Collibra is preferred
- Experience performing UAT testing. Knowledge of test script automation is a plus
- Experience with reference data management a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment; defining user stories, liaising with technology teams and managing delivery of product features and backlog
- Strong background and understanding of big data environment and tools
- Ability to be effective in a global operating environment and a matrix management organization
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Experience working in large-scale and complex technology projects
- Strong background in, and familiarity with, the LOB’s core businesses or core Corporate functions would be beneficial
- Financial services industry background with specific experience in data analysis, reporting or risk and controls is a plus
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
- Strong analytical, time management and problem solving skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.