- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and active membership in one state bar
- Minimum 5 full years as a licensed attorney as a litigation or regulatory counsel
Do you want to work on exciting, cutting edge legal issues and help shape Amazon’s newest products and services? Come make history with Amazon’s Legal Department.
We are looking for a talented attorney with a background in product compliance to support our Devices and Services business. This business develops an exciting array of products such as Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TVs, Echo and Alexa connected-home products. You will work directly with the engineering, compliance and safety teams to bring innovative products to market. You will provide counsel on product development, technology/innovation, and compliance and safety matters.
You will develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways, and you will build processes that address risk and allow the business to move quickly. The successful candidate will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary compliance counsel for various product lines and throughout each product’s life cycle
- Provide guidance on regulatory certifications, environmental compliance, product safety and regulatory markings as part of the product development process
- Interact regularly with international teams, and work with local counsels on cutting-edge legal issues, international regulations and pre-litigation disputes and inquiries
Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
- In-house experience in regulatory or compliance matters
- Experience related to environmental compliance is a plus
- Ability to work independently while contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical, and computer skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.