- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or other quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant work experience such as financial planning and analysis.
- 8 years of experience in finance.
- Experience influencing through relationship management, business expertise and data knowledge to manage a set of issues through executive and staff stakeholders.
- Ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects and work as both an individual contributor and within a large cross-functional team.
- Ability to work with team leads to frame problems, structure analyses, and deliver impact.
- Suburb analytical and quantitative modeling skills and framing and presentation skills.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
Google is developing groundbreaking cloud solutions for enterprise companies and institutions, building secure, reliable, and scalable cloud technology. Google’s enterprise offerings include the underlying cloud infrastructure through to business user-facing apps.
Our FP&A team supports Cloud leadership providing them timely, accurate, and actionable reporting to support the growth and profitability of the business. We manage Cloud P&L, including revenue, data center expense, payroll and other operations. We drive prioritization efforts and advise on how to invest resources for long-term, sustainable business growth. Our deep business knowledge and keen insight makes us integral partners and strategic advisers to the Cloud leadership team.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Lead Cloud’s consolidation of P&L, variance analysis, and all related management and external reporting. Drive monthly/quarterly financial forecast process and reporting cycle.
- Provide support and preparation across Investor Relations and Board of Directors meetings. Build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships. Provide required support to integrate financials of acquired companies.
- Monitor key business drivers with a good understanding of the overall business model, implement scalable processes and automation, define priorities and deliver data-driven and actionable insights that drive decision-making.
- Run a robust annual business planning process including developing policies, process, timelines, cadence, tools, and communication.
- Manage SAP migration, continuous system and tools automation, and process improvements, ongoing maintenance and updates to ensure data integrity.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.