- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Interaction Design, related discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of professional experience in a design firm, interactive design company, agency, or company working on projects.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough ideas
- Smart, bold, and accessible sense of design
- Expertise in interaction design
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency.
- Interest in world-changing leaps in technology.
- Highly organized and ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects
About the job
The Creative Lab is a small team of designers, writers, programmers, filmmakers, producers and business thinkers whose mission is to remind the world what it is they love about Google. Our job is to make Google’s magic more magical, help advance and invent Google’s future, and to communicate Google’s innovations, intentions and ideals in ways that makes us all immensely proud.
Artisan and alchemist. You are a creative whose skillset breaks traditional walls between code and design. You sketch through pictures, motion, and interactive prototypes. You proactively think about the bigger picture idea, and you nimbly grab the right tool for the job — an interactive moving demo, something physical, a fast API hack, or even just a beautifully made film or poster. You are tech savvy, rule-breaking and a big-thinking designer-coder hybrid who will help drive and evolve the Google brand. In this role, you’re expected to conceive and execute ideas that will remind the world what it is they love about Google. You are a designer not only obsessed with doing great work, but also someone who’s looking to the future, striving for something bigger, and burning to create meaningful impact in billions of people’s lives.
- Draw from your background, interests, and experiences to conceptualize and execute groundbreaking design or tech-focused solutions across a range of mediums, including but not limited to; code, digital, film, experiential, and product.
- Work closely with writers, filmmakers, programmers, producers, business thinkers, engineers, and outside creative agencies to deliver brilliant work in a fast-paced environment.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.