Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Critical Facility Engineer to join our Data Center Facility Operations team. Our data centers serve as the foundation upon which our software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The Critical Facility Engineer will be a part of the Facility Operations team responsible for operating and maintaining critical systems in our data centers. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire protection systems.
- Perform all maintenance to ensure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
- Accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with internal clients.
- Respond to facility emergencies.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Regularly inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
- Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
- Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets Facebook standards.
- Escalate issues to facility management as needed.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 3+ years experience in electrical, HVAC, mechanical, controls, or other technical maintenance field
- Associate’s degree in engineering or equivalent trade skill or Bachelor’s degree in related field will be considered in lieu of 3+ years experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience interpreting blueprints/CAD drawings
- Experience troubleshooting and containing operational problems with facilities equipment and systems, including the use of appropriate tools, meters, etc.
- Job Conditions and Demands:
- Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain
- Work at varying heights and from ladders
- Use hands and fingers
- Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]