- Drives customer satisfaction and services revenue through delivery resource development, direction and mentorship. Drives the staffing process by balancing customer technology needs with resourcing expertise in the team and hires appropriate technical talent to meet the demands of our customers.
- Drives and is responsible for billable utilization goals.
- Participates in Area/Sub resource planning processes, using insights to re-skill or adjust resource levels.
- Drives visibility at Area/Sub level around ESS offerings and supports pipeline and contract renewals review.
- Influences and manages account team and customer expectations around Mission Critical solutions and leads value driven conversations.
- Works successfully with customers, up to the C level, to understand their business objectives and to ensure that their investment in Microsoft support is being realized.
- Works effectively across multiple roles to successfully achieve business goals.
- Conducts overall performance management, including mentoring, assessing resource impact, rewards, etc.
- Drives technical and professional role readiness across their team.
- Recognizes and develops team members’ strengths, aligned to capability needs, resulting in strong delivery results
- Consistently handles areas of fiscal responsibility, staying within budget, and effectively staffing, and leading resources
- Generates an inclusive workgroup environment, which encourages cross-group collaboration.
- Communicates vision, business direction, & workgroup core priorities.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership and business impact in driving key business initiatives.
- Ensures Governance activities occur in line with Support for Mission Critical standards.
- 5+ years of industry, support or management consulting experience.
- 5+ years of strong leadership (people management) experience
- Experience with Enhanced Support Services.
- Strong service delivery, time, project and priority management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers at the C level.
- Experience with managing critical and complex customer situations or incidents.
- Project Management/Prosci Change Management/ ITIL certification is considered as a strong plus.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience) required
- PROSCI Change Management/ ITIL certification preferred.
- Strong leadership
- Operational Control (operating and budgeted expense)
- Resource Allocation (headcount and staffing plans)
- Client Relationship Management
- Cross Group Collaboration
- Strong Communication Skills
Other jobs you may like
This CSA Manager role will directly manage a team of full-time Customer Engineers that will cover Enterprise customers across geographies and industry alignments. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Customer success through driving meaningful outcomes that will result in customer retention and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating Customer Engineers with opportunities to hire and to onboard technical talent.
- Building a high performing team that strives for delivery excellence, with intentional approaches that embrace a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and effective communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive Customer Engineers role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure consumption, including how to leverage high consumption opportunities (specific Intellectual Property), technical recommendations, technical blocker removals, partnering with Cloud Solution Architects, Customer Success Managers, Customer Success Account Managers, Account Teams and the Product Group, to engaging with Cloud communities to drive learning and landing best practices. The focus for the Customer Engineers will be on supportability, governance, user experience, and change management as our customers move to the Microsoft Cloud.
- Ensure your team delivers high quality outcomes that are resilient and successful
- Drive operational excellence, including timely business reporting
- Total: 7+ years of experience in information technology, or related field required
- Management: 3+ years of experience in people management required
- Change: 5+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption preferred
- Collaboration: Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Communication: Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles required
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation needs, unblocking the customer through orchestration of the right resources at the right time required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Ability to stay up-to-date on new/improved Azure scenarios and workloads required
- Strong technical understanding of Applications & Infrastructure Enterprise cloud workloads preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Background and experience in application architecture and development is a plus preferred
- Apps and Infra CSA Manager: Certification in the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, web application development, cloud-native applications
- Data and AI Managers: Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Oracle, Okta etc. desired