What you will do
As a Field Project Manager, you are responsible for profitable execution of assigned projects, including project delivery, estimating, and financial management. Following standardized project management procedures, will determine optimum resource levels needed to meet schedule milestones and monitor workforce levels. You will have your hand on the project pulse at all times, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to performance of work. You will be responsible for implementing site safety and security procedures and will play an active role in developing the safety program.
How you will do it:
- Act as the primary on-site leader assigned projects.
- Perform cost estimating, project scheduling and project management activities; maintain positive cash flow.
- Ensure projects are properly executed, as budgeted, and billed in a timely manner within scope of the contract.
- Manage the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Proactively work to establish advantageous long-term customer and contractor relationships.
- Interface with customer throughout the project life cycle to gain feedback on customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes. Communicate both technical and business related issues with the clients.
- Manage cost, billing and collection. Maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical Installers and System Designers. Provide technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensure that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract.
- Provide leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Communicate project status to management, providing forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the PC execution.
- Actively pursue additional business through change orders; perform associated cost estimates, prepare proposals and negotiate final settlement price and customer acceptance.
- Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts; foster and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal legal requirements.
- Coordinates customer-training requirements.
- Adhere to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, demonstrating a high degree of safety awareness for all Johnson Controls employees and worksite-based subcontractors.
What we look for:
You are leader, at your best when called upon to think strategically. You communicate well with audiences at all levels, both internal and external. You take ownership of issues and are able to move simultaneously between diverse tasks with tact, cooperation, and persistence. Your proven organizational and time management skills mean you are able to regroup as priorities and objectives change. Customer satisfaction is your highest priority.
- University degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 6 years minimum experience.
- Bachelor’s in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture.
- 5 years progressively responsible project management experience in building construction or operations.
- Ability to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills; must be able to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Willingness to travel frequently; projects may be located outside of assigned territory.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we’re part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer