What you will do
The Johnson Controls (JCI) Customer Business Manager (CBM) is the senior representative accountable for the overall performance of the on-site Facilities Management Team and Contract Deliverables .This individual ensures Customer Satisfaction and financial performance across a broad spectrum of services through the selection of qualified team members and their development along with people-oriented management of resources. In addition, the CBM manages the continuous improvement process while meeting the required metrics and successfully influencing required change, conformance and governance.
How you will do it
- Understanding the contract terms and conditions and Customer expectations at a detailed level and taking ownership for outcomes
- Providing timely and effective communications with all employee levels within the project, the Customer’s organization, and JCI. Building a strong win-win relationship
- Working closely with the Customer to ensure alignment with contract requirements and operational policies
- Provide technical and management direction to maintenance management service contractor
- Establishing process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, costs and Customer Satisfaction. Taking corrective actions to bring about required change
- Reviewing and proactively establishing required procedures and training personnel to consistently meet and exceed the performance expectations of the Customer in the most safe and cost-effective manner
- Manages, directs and schedules day-to-day and long-range activities to ensure that all contract requirements and procedures of the site Supervision and Staff are being properly implemented
- Manages supervisors including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management. Plans, directs, and monitors performance objectives
- Selecting and training all project employees and administering JCI policies, procedures, and standards to ensure that JCI employees and vendors have the required technical, interpersonal skills and morale to meet and exceed the expectations of the Customer
- Serving as a role model, mentor, and valued resource for the Customer and JCI
- Sharing process improvements and lessons learned with peers
- Project Management Skills; responsible for reviewing of construction drawings and specifications, participating in design meetings, providing best practices, commissioning participation, construction site evaluations and inspections.
What we look for
[Required Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience]
- Experience with directing, planning, developing and implementing strategic and operational plans
- Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams and working groups.
- Lead Customer meetings
- Oversee performance reviews for all on-site FM Team members and primary sub-contractors.
- Manage Contract Compliance requirements
- Perform periodic planned and random site ‘evaluation inspections’ to continuously monitor front line performance
- Monitor results from annual and monthly Customer Satisfaction surveys and implement corrective action as required
- Promote a Facility Management Team culture oriented to Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement.
[Preferred Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience]
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in a Facility Management discipline with 10 years or more experience in an Academic University environment
- Prefer BOMA and/or IFMA designation (RPA/CFM)
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please viewEEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visitwww.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Overtime Status: Exempt